Celebrations of National Science Week 11th -17th August at Kew High School, involved many activities and incursions.
- Year 7’s worked with Engineers Without Borders building water purifiers
- Continuing with the water theme Year 7's considered transport solutions for flood affected areas
- Year 8 students explored building earthquake resistant housing
- Year 8’s created and presented “The Bad Science Show”
- DNA extraction incursion where students learnt how to extract the DNA of fruit.
- Each lunchtime during the week a Science Show presented engaging and fun experiments that attracted large crowds of students
- A paper plane competition was open to all students to design the most effective paper plane.